Ordering – The description and price of the product you order will be shown on your order as signed by you at the time you place your order (“Order Date”).
Dresses take approximately 20 weeks to arrive in store from the date we put in the order (under normal circumstances), please allow for this timing in your choosing and planning or your dress. For the avoidance of doubt as we rely on third party suppliers any dates notified to you are approximate and time shall not be of the essence. You should always ensure you place any order in good time.
1) Once an order has been placed with Olivia George The Perfect One it cannot be amended with regards to style, colour and size.
2) All orders are non- transferable and non-refundable.
3) (PROM DRESSES) Olivia George The Perfect One cannot guarantee exclusivity of any dress to any school; therefore, in the event that the same dress is sold to the same school from another store, we are not liable to rectify any situation and are not held responsible to change the dress.
4) We will endeavour to uphold our policy with regards to not selling the same dress to the same school, but in the case of human error within our store, we will transfer the monies paid to another dress of your choice, however the deposit remains non-refundable.
5) No orders will be placed without the full deposit being paid, but dresses can be secured for a school with a lesser amount.
6) Olivia George The Perfect One may hold stock which is ex-sample or part of a discontinued range. They will be displayed as such or included within a sale. The purchase of the item confirms that you are happy with the current condition.
1) We require full payment for bridesmaid, flower and sale/off the peg dresses.
2) A 50% deposit is required on all WEDDING & PROM DRESSES when the order is placed.
3) We do offer payment plans to ease the cost of your dress. If you select this option to purchase your dress then please note that your order for your dress will not be placed until 50% of the original price has been paid *We are not responsible for the upkeep of any part payments/payment plans and deposits, it is the customers responsibility to ensure payments are paid in time and before any discontinuations.
4) The balance of the order should be settled BEFORE the dress is taken from the premises, or alterations are made, whichever is sooner. If there are any funds outstanding, the item(s) cannot be released or altered.
5) The payment of a deposit is deemed as acceptance of the Terms of Trade. This agreement and all receipts in relation to this agreement must be retained as proof of purchase.
ALL DRESSES/GOODS REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF OLIVIA GEORGE THE PERFECT ONE UNTIL PAID FOR IN FULL.
Cancellation of Order – Dress orders will still have to be paid for in FULL, if the wedding/prom is cancelled for whatever reason, costs will still be incurred to the suppliers and to Olivia George The Perfect One, regardless of ANY circumstance.
1) In the event of a cancellation, all monies paid, including any payments on a payment plan, are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2) No circumstances can be accepted.
3) Should an order be cancelled; the balance must be settled, and all goods collected.
ALL SALE DRESSES/GOWNS/ACCESSORIES BOUGHT CANNOT BE RETURNED OR ANY MONIES REFUNDED ON SOLD AS SEEN ITEMS.
For reasons of hygiene ALL accessories (tiaras, hair slides, fascinators, veils) including shoes, which have been removed from the premises once paid for cannot be refunded or exchanged unless they are not fit for purpose.
Sizing – Gowns/dresses are ordered in standard sizes. Please be aware that gown/dress sizes are different to that of high street sizes.
Please note: gowns/dresses are MADE TO ORDER, NOT MADE TO MEASURE. After the sales order contract has been signed and order placed, Olivia George The Perfect One CANNOT AND WILL NOT accept any responsibility in respect of any changes which may occur in the customer’s size and body shape.
1) Whilst every effort will be made to match fabrics, we cannot guarantee designs, trims nor the exact shade or texture of a fabric.
2) Some fabrics used are natural fibers’ and therefore contain minor variations and irregularities. These should be in no way construed as defective nor should Olivia George The Perfect One be held at fault.
3) The handiwork on some garments, especially those incorporating beadwork, is delicate. Extra care should be taken when transporting the gown, during wearing and cleaning. Olivia George The Perfect One is not liable for any damages once any item has left the shop.
Fittings and Alterations –
1) After the date of order, no responsibility can be accepted by Olivia George The Perfect One for any changes which may occur to the customers body shape, size or height.
2) The price of garments EXCLUDES all costs in respect of alterations or fitting work howsoever this service is provided.
3) Regrettably Olivia George The Perfect One cannot provide an exact delivery date for items, but customers can expect to arrange for their first fitting appointment to be carried out approximately 4-6 weeks before the date of the event, unless the sales order is for a short order/rush order or late order, in which case you may have to arrange for your fitting appointment to be carried out the week of the event.
4) Gowns are designed to be worn with underwear, a suitably structured bra/lingerie is advisable but at the customers personal choice.
5) Olivia George The Perfect One offer a recommendation of local seamstresses for fittings and alterations, but it is an independent service to the shop and any alteration service you agree with the recommended seamstress shall be subject to a separate contract directly between you and the alterations specialist and we cannot be liable for any disputes arising. Payments for alterations shall be made directly to the alterations specialist and shall not be added to our invoice. Customers are not obliged to use the services recommended by Olivia George The Perfect One.
6) The full balance of the goods must be settled by the customer before any alterations can be carried out.
7) We will recommend the extent of alterations to garments, but, if the customer insists on a fit not recommended, then Olivia George The Perfect One will not be held responsible. We advise against taking in gowns by any more than one dress size (maximum 2”) as this could adversely affect the style and look of the gown. It is at the customers risk if more than this is required to be taken in. Letting out of all gowns is also not advisable, and is at the risk of the customer should they decide on this requirement for their gown.
8) Olivia George The Perfect One will not be held responsible for any delay, as all delivery dates quoted are an approximation only.
Non Collection of Goods – customers will be notified once their dress has been delivered to Olivia George The Perfect One’s premises and should arrange to come in for a collection appointment within 7 days. If the dress is not collected during this time a storage fee of $10 per month will be chargeable.
In the event that the dress is not collected within 3 months of the wedding/prom date then the contract will be deemed cancelled without further notification and any monies paid will not be refunded. Gowns will be put into the shops stock to be re-sold.
Liability – Olivia George The Perfect One shall not be deemed to be in breach of this contract as a result of acts beyond the reasonable control of Olivia George The Perfect One including without limitation act of God, pandemics, war, riot, civil commotion or terrorist attack, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, accident, fire, flood or storm.
Olivia George The Perfect One brings to your attention the fact that the wedding/prom dress is a particularly delicate item and extreme care should be afforded to it. Consequently, Olivia George The Perfect One shall not be liable for any damage to the dress arising from fair wear and tear, willful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party or use otherwise than as recommended by Olivia George The Perfect One or failure to follow Olivia George The Perfect One’s instructions or any alteration or repair carried out without the approval of Olivia George The Perfect One.
Olivia George The Perfect One liability for all direct or indirect losses as a consequence of any breach by Olivia George The Perfect One of this contract shall be limited to the price of the wedding/prom dress. These terms and conditions of sale do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer and we do not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. We will not be liable if we informed you of any faults, damage or other problems with the goods before your purchase of them.
Data Protection – Any personal information that we may collect (including but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held securely in accordance with current data protection legislation. We may use your personal information to provide our goods and services to you and process your payment for any such goods and services. We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission unless we are required to do so by law. We will only hold your personal information for as long as is required to perform the contract with you and to comply with legal and accounting requirements.
Applicable Law – These Terms of Sale and the supply of the wedding/prom dress will be subject to the English Law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED ABOVE DO NOT IN ANY WAY AFFECT THE CUSTOMERS STATUTORY RIGHTS.